I have an obsession with bows. I’m such a girly girl, I’m so blessed we had a girl. Almost any day of the week my Ella wears a bow on her cute little head. I started making her headbands before she was born. Ella has bows of every color and we get so many compliments on them when we are out and about.
There are so many different styles out there. I’m not one for the HUGE and FRILLY, don’t get me wrong, babies look super adorable with a huge frilly flowers on their head but I like more simple, solitary felt bows. I actually make and sell felt and fabric bows on my Etsy Shop so I thought I’d share with you how to make a simple felt bow.
Bands or clips
Hot glue gun (mine is REALLY old, don’t judge)
Scissors (sharper the better!)
Measuring tape or ruler
1.Cut one piece of felt 5.5 inches X 1.75 inches and another smaller piece 3 inches X 1/2 inch.
2. Take the larger piece of felt, bring the ends to the middle and glue.
3. Turn over and pinch middle together to form the bow.
4. Take the smaller piece of felt and wrap around the center of the bow and secure with glue.
5. Attach band or clip to back of bow with glue.
6. Trim off any excess felt from smaller piece.
Awww so cute! You can get really creative and use different colors felt, ribbon, or even lace! BUT if you don’t want to go through the trouble or perhaps you’re super busy, you can visit my Etsy shop and I’ll make bows for you!